Shows:

  • 90210
  • Bones
  • Britain's Got Talent
  • Castle
  • Desperate Housewives
  • FormulaOne
  • Friends
  • Fringe
  • Glee
  • Heroes
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • Legend of the Seeker
  • NCIS:LA
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Rookie Blue
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The Mentalist
  • X Factor

Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Falling Skies

Okay, so bear with me, I've only seen the one episode. Names and technical jargon will not be my forte in this post.

So Falling Skies premiered on TX (that's a channel, right?) tonight at 9pm. Basically, it's set in the aftermath of an alien invasion. Hundreds of adults have been killed and children/teenagers taken, "harnesses" placed down their spines which allow the aliens to control them, but for what purpose we currently have no reason.

We also don't know why the aliens come, what they want, how they communicate, etc...

We don't know a lot, basically.

But it was still rather good.

Of course it was - it's Steven Spielberg.

The beginning was action-packed - night time and two men/people were running, hiding from bright laser-like lights which allow a certain type of alien (again, I can't remember the human's name for that type) to disintergrate humans. It was rather interesting.

Of course I had my whole family also sitting in the living room - that means talking at the worst moments - but still, you can kind of imagine it. You know, like, "What would I do if that happened to me?" type thing. I don't think many of us geniunely plan a survival mission in case of an alien invasion... or I could be wrong - I may be in the minority, after all.

The setting also feels more real because of the way they've (the powers that be) handled the characters - when six people go back to get food, one of them is a young boy, probably twelve or fourteen. He's carrying a gun/ammunition/etc... Kinda emphasises the point that they're all ordinary people.

Anyways, this is supposed to be a brief premiere review and it's becoming rather long, so I'll just round this off now.

Overall: Definitely intriguing, possibly addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment