Shows:

  • 90210
  • Bones
  • Britain's Got Talent
  • Castle
  • Desperate Housewives
  • FormulaOne
  • Friends
  • Fringe
  • Glee
  • Heroes
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • Legend of the Seeker
  • NCIS:LA
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Rookie Blue
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The Mentalist
  • X Factor

Monday, 30 May 2011

Are you bamboozled?

Apart from trying to decide what to do with my time, complaining I'm bored and avoiding tidying my room, what I usually whittle away the time doing is watching TV.

Wow, I realise how sad that makes me sound. That's not all I do with my life, I promise, but I won't go into that now.

As my first post, I figured I shouldn't just jump right into things and start rambling, after all, since when did I ever stick to anything? (Apart from TV shows, hence the blog).

So for now I figured it would be best if I voiced what's been on my mind so far, TV wise. Have you noticed that it seems the most confusing plotline/idea is the most desired at the moment, or is it just me?

Cue three examples:

1) The 90210 finale advert. Yes, I don't watch the show religiously, but I have my sources who keep me nice and up to date with the storyline. But the advert is still rather perplexing. It seems like soon enough there will be no more couples to pair up on the show, after all, the writer's have pretty much paired up everyone with eachother.  I suppose that's mostly just finding the plot weird, and being confused over what the writers could possibly have up their sleeves next. That may be rather critical, no? But still, it's only a minor puzzlement when compared to my other two examples.

2) How I Met Your Mother. I have to admit, I did watch it yesterday and I rather liked it. I know, it caught me by surprise too! But I'm still pretty iffy of the idea. I mean, how much patience would those kids really have, if it was an actual father describing this hench long story to his children. I think after episode three I would have said: "Alright, dad, enough's enough. I don't really care that much." But no, the show has continued on for seasons. Seasons, people?! It's a good show, but the retrospective story idea kinda irritates me. Is that response too much investment for a show I hardly watch? Probably. Am I going to take it back at the moment? Probably not.

3) Which leads me to the wierdest one yet: Doctor Who. If you're even watching this season, you'll understand how many riddles it speaks in. More than usual, I mean - this is still the Doctor, we're talknig about. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the show - I actually like it. I still watch it, don't I? (Don't answer that, you obviously wouldn't know, unless you were stalking me, which would be wierd)... Anyway, moving on, if there's anybody out there who is understanding exactly what's going on, please let me know, yeah? I'm not too dumb to get it episode-to-episode, but sometimes I feel like I may just explode at the end of each episode from mind bamboozlement (I can use that as a verb, right?) - A friend of mine was geniunely forced to result to this comment after watching the latest episode:

"AKSFGD8H9WO[GNEM[]SGHIPVRJOBHI O[EFRGJ;PBVRJHFBGIPVRGJUH9IPTIOR4GG5NWE3VM-][RG"

I think it sums up the attitude after watching the episode pretty well. If you don't watch Doctor Who and are reading this thinking "Riiiiiiight", then I apologise, but there's no way I am going to even BEGIN to explain it to you. My advice would be to google it...

Perhaps I should return to my original point... which was... er, oh yes... confusing plotlines ruling the TV-Universe. That was only three examples, and I admit the first two were rather lame, but if you still don't believe me I shall leave you with one last TV show to reiterate my point. Yes, it finished a little while ago, and yes it was rather good in a "WTF is going on?!" kinda way which meant you had to keep watching it, but it fits the purpose of this little rant quite well:

LOST.

So, I'd love to hear any examples you can think of of the most confusing plotlines you've ever encountered, or the most skeptical you've come across. I'm on 'negative' atttiude today, in case you hadn't guessed?

Peace out, Kezzy.

EDIT: I promised I wouldn't ramble, but I did. Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I decided to go with the basic rule of three to start with. Primeval continues tomorrow, so I may post about that tomorrow. Oh, thanks, I'll check that now. :)

    ReplyDelete